I love these cookies any time of the day, but especially with a hot cup of tea or cocoa in the evenings after a long day at work. I fill them with any flavor of fruit jam to my liking and give them to friends or bring them to work. They are healthy and filling but not too sweet (the jam helps balance out the remaining sugary void). You’re going to love having these around!
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- Mix together oats, chopped almonds and salt in a mixing bowl. Continue mixing and slowly pour in oil and milk until a thick paste is formed. Pour in maple syrup and stir until evenly distributed. The batter will be thick and dough-like.
- Oil your hands with a few drops to avoid the dough from sticking to them. Pick a spoonful of dough and form into little balls of dough. Flatten each ball into thick discs and press the center with your thumb or the back of a thick wooden spoon. Make this indentation big enough to put some jelly/jam of your choice and add the jelly in.
- Place the discs on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and let the cookies cool down before removing them from the tray. Add spoonful of jam of your choice.
- Serve after cooled with hot tea or milk.