My husband and I met some friends for a weekend brunch and the best item on the table was my friend’s mushroom pasta. It literally melted in my mouth! I had to re-create it at home with a few added ingredients suitable to my palette. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
- In a large pot heat salted water till it comes to a boil. Add pasta and a few drops of olive oil. Cook till al dente.
- Wash and dry mushrooms.
- In a food processer combine the mushrooms, garlic, green chilli and cilantro. Pulse till you see tiny mushroom pieces; you don’t want the mixture to become a paste.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large, deep pan. Saute red onion until translucent.
- Add the processed mixture and cook on a medium flame until the water from the mushrooms has evaporated.
- Turn gas on slow and slowly pour in the half and half.
- Add bouillon flavoring along with ground black pepper. Stir and simmer with lid on till the sauce starts to boil.
- Combine the pasta with the sauce mixing well so that each pasta string is coated with the sauce.
- Serve hot.
Make sure to combine the sauce and pasta right before serving. If mixed too early the pasta and sauce get sticky.