As you bite into this burger, you enjoy the garlicky juices of the portobello mushroom and creamy-spicy mayo immediately followed with the cooling avocado. Heavenly! Who needs a meat burger when you can have this burger guilt free?
- Heat oil in a pan and add the minced garlic when hot. Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
- Cut off the mushroom stems and wash thoroughly. Drain off the water and place mushroom in the pan with the garlic.
- Flip mushrooms after about a minute and sprinkle drops of soy sauce on both sides of the mushrooms. This adds a slightly smokey-salty flavor to the mushrooms.
- Turn off heat to avoid burning. Let the mushrooms rest in the heat of the pan.
- Lightly toast or bake (350F for 5 minutes) the burger buns.
- Mix together the mayo and chilli sauce and spread on the insides of the toasted burger buns. You could also apply spicy-mayo on one side and mustard on the other for more zing.
- Place garlic-mushroom on lower bun and top with red onions, avocado and kale.
- Seal burger with top bun and press down lightly to pack together.