The cottage cheese or paneer version is pretty popular but I tailored it to a healthy version by using tofu instead. Trust me, you won’t even know the difference!
- Trim about an inch off from the spinach leaves. Wash and drain water out a few times so all the dirt is removed.
- In a pot boil a cup of water with salt, add spinach and cook till the leaves wilt.
- In another pan, heat a teaspoon of oil, add whole red chillies, ginger and garlic.
- Add chopped onion.
- Transfer spinach, water mixture to a blender, once cooled.
- Add chopped tomatoes and blend till smooth.
- Pour blender mixture into pan and mix well. Simmer the flame and add spices and salt.
- Drain water from tofu container and cut into cubes about half an inch thick.
- In a separate pan spray a little canola oil and cook tofu so it gets slightly brown.
- Transfer tofu pieces into the spinach sauce pan, simmer and cook covered for fifteen minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or bread.
The recipe to make homemade cottage cheese will be included soon.