Homemade chicken soup brings me back to my mom’s kitchen. This soup’s ingredients give me the pick-me-up that my body needs once the winter sets in. It’s easy to make and always cures me at the onset of a cold or sore throat. Try it, it’s delicious and so healthy!
- Wash and clean chicken.
- In a small pot boil water with cloves, one bay leaf, five peppercorns and all the chicken pieces. In about fifteen minutes you’ll notice a foamy substance floating on top of the water.
- Turn the flame off and drain water from pot.
- In another larger pot, add water, remaining peppercorns, one bay leaf, garlic and ginger.
- Pick the chicken pieces out of the first pot and add along with carrots, celery and red onions. Keep the flame on medium and close pot with a lid.
- Add turmeric and a little salt. Bring to a boil.
- Taste the soup - if needed add chicken broth flavoring. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Serve piping hot.
I added chopped baby bok choy to my soup, right before serving for some crunch. Use any green vegetable you have on hand