This is the handiest blend of fresh ginger, garlic and green chillies that you should always have in the fridge. I think it’s one of the best tips I recently got from a friend who’s a great cook. There’s just something to be said about the taste of blended raw ingredients. It enhances the flavor of any dish. Eliminate the green chillies if you’re a little weak on the heat!
- Discard the edges of the garlic cloves and peel the ginger from it’s skin.
- Wash garlic, ginger and green chillies.
- Combine all three ingredients along with salt and vinegar in a food processor on pulse and then grind until the mixture becomes finely minced together.
- Refrigerate the mixture and store in fridge.
- For usage add to a hot pan (on a slow fire) in some oil, cover with lid to avoid splattering. This blend can be used to replace each of the three ingredients when used separately in any recipe.
- Store in fridge
The quantity used in your cooking depends on how much flavor is needed. I usually use about a teaspoon.