The best part of this recipe is the versatility of its ingredients. I’m not a big fan of peas myself but know they’re packed with several nutrients so thought I’d cook them in a sauce tasty enough to mask their own flavor; and it worked. Be it green peas or lima beans - it’s a winner!
- Heat a deep pan, add oil. Once heated add turmeric powder, coriander powder.
- In a blender combine garlic, cilantro (with lower stems cut), mint leaves and onion. Blend well.
- To the pan add the blended mixture and salt.
- Add mushrooms and peas, or any vegetables of your choice.
- Cook for a few minutes covered on a medium flame and then keeping the heat on a very low flame pour in milk. Mix well and let all the flavors settle.
- Serve hot.
Use any vegetables you have on hand. The essence of this dish is in the sauce.