Made by special request from my hubby who is a die-hard banana bread fan, this recipe is moist, sweet and filled with chocolatey surprises in between. Its all whole wheat and naturally sweetened which makes this delightful bread good to eat as part of breakfast or dessert. Great for the holiday season too!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together oil, applesauce and agave/maple syrup until well blended.
- Add eggs and whisk until well mixed. Stir in mashed bananas until well combined.
- In a large bowl, sieve together baking soda, salt, whole wheat flour. Add chocolate chips.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, and mix with a wooden spoon until just incorporated and no dry spot remains.
- Pour into loaf pan that's well greased with oil,
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour or until a wooden stick inserted center comes out almost clean.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
Leftover can be sliced, put in a zip-lock bag and store in freezer for up to 1 month or in fridge for 1 week.