Apricot Crumble Cake
1/2 cup whole almonds, toasted, plus 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted, plus 1/4 cup
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup agave
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup almond milk
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-inch cake pan or a bunt.
- Combine the whole almonds and 1/4 cup pine nuts in a food processor. Pulse the machine until the nuts are finely ground. Transfer the nuts to a medium bowl.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer beat the eggs and the agave until the mixture becomes brownish yellow. Add the oil and milk. Stir in the almond extract and apricots.
- Gently stir in the dry ingredients and mix well until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan. Sprinkle the top of the cake with sliced almonds and remaining 1/4 cup pine nuts.
- Bake until the cake is cooked and a toothpick comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Let the cake cool on a wire rack.
- Use a knife to loosen the edges. Turn the cake out, slice, and serve.