While living in New York city, I learned what it meant to eat healthy. We all have our decadent indulgences and feel more than satisfied in the moment; but it’s after that last bite that I begin to feel guilty. During game night at our friend’s place I was excited to eat the chocolate mousse that was sitting pretty on the table. While my husband and I were relishing each bite my friend looked up and asked ‘do you know that the mousse is made of tofu?’ We gasped! There was no way I could ever think of eating chocolate mousse made out of tofu! The strange thing was that I liked it and ever since that day I have been tricking my friends and family into making this healthy and delicious tofu chocolate mousse. Trust me, you won’t even know the difference.
- In a small pot add milk or water.
- Combine all the chocolate chips and mix well while it begins to melt. Add more milk or water as needed till the chocolate chips have completely melted.
- Blend the tofu in a blender and add the chocolate chips mixture
- Blend both together till smooth
- Pour in cups with interval layers of your choice of fruit. Strawberries and blueberries go well with the chocolate
- Store in fridge for about 6 hours and serve at room temperature
The major calorie count of this recipe is from the chocolate chips - which have about 260 calories. Replace the chips with coco powder and add agave as sweetener in case you'd like to make a lighter version.