This quick and easy side accompanies any entree. Broccolini is a mix between broccoli and Chinese broccoli. The crunch of the broccolini accompanied with the juicy, soft bite of the shiitake mushrooms brings together the perfect compliment of nutritious veggies. The delicate ingredients make this a table favorite.
- Heat a teaspoon oil in large pan, add ginger, garlic and green chilli.
- Add washed broccolini and mushrooms.
- Mix, add turmeric, salt and brown sugar.
- Mix well so flavors soak in each piece.
- Cover and simmer for ten minutes.
Feel free to substitute with regular broccoli if broccolini is too bitter for your liking. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice for a zest.