This recipe is low in calories and has healthy doses of protein, veggies and carbs. It can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Scrambled tofu works just as well, without taking anything away in terms of taste or nutrition.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl, mix in salt, crushed pepper and dried cilantro, and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium high; add onions, garlic and peppers. Sauté till veggies are soft, then turn heat to low, add mushrooms and cook till soft.
- Stir in whisked eggs until they are cooked through.
- On a plate, spread out a large handful of baby spinach. Place scrambled eggs and veggies on the bed of spinach.
- Sprinkle cheese over warm eggs
- Enjoy as is, or with a slice of toast. Sprouted bread is great for this.
Photo Credit: Kamakshi Sachidanandam