Do you crave for a crunchy wholesome accompaniment to dunk into your morning hot tea or evening coffee? I simply love this recipe as I know I’m getting a punch of nutritious wheat goodness filled with toasted nutty flavor and natural sweetness. Try these delicious chocolate biscottis with almonds in every bite. Beware - dunking is addictive!
- Lay the almonds on a flat baking tray and toast in oven at 350F for 10 minutes. Let them cool for another 10-15 minutes before using them.
- Take half of the cooled almonds and grind them into a fine powder in a food processor. Mix this almond powder with the whole wheat flour, millet flour and chocolate powder until evenly distributed.
- Add the wet ingredients (egg, vanilla essence and agave) to the flour mixture and stir with spoon until a thick dough-like consistency is formed. It should be thick and sticky, unlike a cake batter that would just pour. Roughly chop and add the remaining almonds.
- Wet your hands (to avoid the dough sticking to you) and create two flat and wide logs (10 inches long, 2 inches wide and ½ - 1 inch high) on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. If you have any almond bits left over, just insert them into the dough. The more the merrier!
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350F. The dough should have cracked a bit on the top but still be soft enough to cut through. Remove from oven and let the logs cool for roughly 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, cut the log into diagonal slices (about 1 inch thick) and place them (cut side down) on the baking tray. Bake for another 15-20 minutes. The biscottis should now be dry and crispy.
- Enjoy them fresh with a hot cup of coffee or tea. Dunk away!