This is not only the easiest way to use your rice in the fridge - but the tastiest too. Imagine eating fried rice without any soy sauce! I thought nothing much of it till I tried what my cousin cooked for her little 2 year old boy. Of course minus the chilli flakes. This is the best way to get the right nutrients to your kids. The fresh veggies need to chopped - that's all the effort required. Try this out and I promise your family will have a new favorite pretty soon! The best part of this dish is you get to use whatever's lying in your fridge to make one healthy meal!
- In a hot deep pan spray some oil just to coat the pan
- Add the ginger and garlic, saute for a minute or two till color starts changing
- Add all the veggies; green bell peppers last. Saute for a 5 minutes
- Add rice and mix well
- Move veggies and rice to one side of the pan and beat an egg in a bowl.
- Cook the egg as an omelet on the other side of the pan
- Once cooked slice into strips
- Mix into the rice
- Add salt, pepper, sesame oil and red chilli flakes
- Mix well and serve hot!
Minus the chilli flakes for kids.