If you want a healthy snack there's nothing like a hot, juicy sweet potato to satisfy every craving! What can be easier than popping it into the oven (I use my toaster oven) and just sprinkling some pepper and lemon? Trust me, it tastes so good!! The sweetness of the potato combined with the sour lemon and kick of cayenne makes the perfect bite. Eat it while it's hot and get your fill of potassium, vitamin C, E, beta-carotene and fiber for the day!
- Wash and dry the sweet potato
- Poke a knife into various parts of the potato so that the heat permeates inside to cook it evenly
- Place the potato in an oven at 450 degrees for about 45 minutes
- When fully soft cut into half, squeeze the juice of a lemon (to taste) and sprinkle cayenne pepper
- Eat hot out of the oven. Don't discard the skin as the skin contains the maximum amount of health benefits.