One of my favorite meatier vegetables is eggplant because it's got such a unique taste, is super juicy and hardly needs any seasoning to bring that taste out. This is a simple and healthy way to cook it at home. The light seasoning helps the eggplant retain it's flavor and yet compliments it perfectly. I hardly use a teaspoon of oil because I let it cook in it's own steam on a very low flame. Try it out, you will love the no-mess, easy cooking process!
- Marinate the eggplant pieces in salt and turmeric for about 20 minutes
- In a hot pan add the oil and then the garlic and eggplant
- Turn the flame on low and sprinkle some red chilli powder (if you like the heat)
- Cover pan and let the eggplant cook in it's own steam for a good 30 minutes till you start noticing it getting soft
- Squeeze some fresh lemon juice on top, garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve hot!