I eat this yogurt sauce every week almost because it helps with digestion and everyone knows how good yogurt is for our bodies! This simple way to cook it offers a change from the mundane way we generally eat yogurt and makes a perfectly healthy meal when served along with brown rice or even quinoa. It leaves me feeling light and refreshed.
- In a bowl whisk the yogurt so it becomes smooth. Add the flour and water and whisk again.
- In a heated deep pot add the oil, once it becomes hot add the mustard and cumin seeds along with the red chillies.
- After a minute or two place the heat on low, wait a few minutes and then pour in the yogurt mixture.
- Allow it to cook but on a low heat to prevent the yogurt from curdling. Keep mixing every 2-3 minutes.
- Add the salt, turmeric and sugar
- When it's fully cooked (you'll notice the sauce just about beginning to bubble) turn the heat off and add the cilantro.
- Mix well and serve hot right off the stove.
- You can use this sauce as a gravy for any rice, or even add veggies to it like peas and carrots for a wholesome meal.