I've been wanting to create these 'adult friendly' cookies for a while now and finally remembered to buy and save some espresso to make them. My family loves hazelnuts so I've added them to this recipe, but feel free to leave them out or substitute with any nut of your choice (walnuts, almonds etc.). I love having these as a snack mid-day with a cup of tea or milk and I'm sure you will too.
- Preheat oven to 350F (175 degrees C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper or cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, beat oil, agave, egg, vanilla essence and espresso until well combined.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt and stir into the liquid mixture until well blended. Mix in the hazelnuts if desired. A thick sticky mixture should have formed.
- Using a large rounded tablespoon or an ice cream scoop, drop spoons of the mixture onto the lined baking tray.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until the cookies have risen and become crisp on the exterior.
- Remove from oven and allow them to cool on the tray before transferring them onto wire racks or a serving plate to cool down completely.
- Serve with a glass of cold milk!