This recipe comes straight to us from our very own Resident Nutritionist. Not only is it a very seasonal recipe and a fun play on using pumpkin in your food, but also an extremely healthy and delicious one. Try it out and you'll know why you'll be jumpin' in joy!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place flat bread on a foiled baking sheet.
- With a large chef’s knife, cut pumpkin in half and scoop out insides.
- Cut the pumpkin into large chunks and place in a steamer. Steam pumpkin for approximately 15 minutes or until a fork can pass through easily. Allow to cool.
- Once cooled, remove the skin and place in a food processor or blender. Pulse till pumpkin is pureed. Add oregano, salt and pepper to taste. Pulse again.
- Spread the pumpkin puree on the flat bread. Arrange and evenly disperse the broccoli, bell pepper, and shallots. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Once the edges are crispy, remove from oven. Cut into pieces and serve hot.
Butternut squash may be substituted in place of pumpkin.