This is my go-to taco without the avocado and sour cream! I wanted a change from the same old taco so decided to experiment with the same basic flavor but the addition of healthy green peas. Tastes delicious and you won't even know the difference! It's super easy and quick to make at home for any weeknight dinner. Kids love it too! **substitute the ground turkey with firm tofu crumbled for a vegetarian-only twist**
- In a pan add the oil
- When it's hot add the ginger, garlic and onions. Saute.
- Add tomatoes and red chilli powder. Cook on medium/slow with a lid.
- After the ground turkey is cooked and tomatoes are reduced add the green peas and taco seasoning along with salt to taste
- Cook another 10 minutes so flavors are all combined well.
- In a toaster oven, place a few tortillas so that they're nice and hot.
- Plate a tortilla along with the turkey stuffing and throw in some chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
For an extra hot kick add some hot sauce.