Eggplant is the most versatile veggie. Toss it in a stir fry, bake it in a juicy vegetable lasagna or serve it fleshy as a hot or cold appetizer with a zesty garnish. Since I'm always looking for ways to cook this versatile veggie I just made it as simple as possible with this relish dip. Fill celery cores with this, serve it as a side dip or put on top of crackers or mini toasts!
- Preheat the oven at 450 degrees.
- Wash and dry eggplant and slit holes in it with a knife. Place on baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes at 450 degrees
- Take a pan with oil, once hot add ginger and green chillies. Cook till they sizzle.
- Add onions, cook till slightly brown
- Scoop out cooled eggplant flesh and discard skin.
- Add the flesh to the pan, cook together for about 15 minutes.
- Add salt, garnish and serve hot.
cut out the green chillies for the kids.