In the mood for a quick and easy Mediterranean snack? These patties are a healthy take on the typical zucchini cakes and are packed with flavors of garlic and herbs as well as the goodness of greens! Makes a great appetizer for guests or a filling for a light sandwich or even a veggie burger. I topped mine with a tiny dollop of goat cheese and sprinkled some hot chilli powder for that extra kick! Deeee-lish!!!
- Place the grated zucchini on kitchen towels and press down with another towel to squeeze out the excess water.
- Add the broccoli and zucchini to a large bowl and add the garlic, herb, chilli, salt and pepper. Add the millet powder and mix well until all the broccoli and zucchini pieces are well coated.
- Finally, add in the eggs and mix well. A thick batter or paste should come together. Feel free to add a little water if this isn’t the case.
- Heat the oil in a skillet or frying pan. Take some oil and rub it over your hands. Place a scoop of the batter on your hands and gentle shape it into a pattie.
- Fry the patties in the pan until golden brown on each side. Serve hot with a yogurt dip or hot sauce.